Caution: Having open access to network-based services implies some risk. In a community of diverse cultures and values, the Single2.com can not protect individuals against the existence or receipt of material that may be offensive to them. Please choose carefully the information you post on Single2.com and that you provide to other members. Your personal safety is in your own hands. We allow you to post your own email address, telephone number and other personal data on your public profile and we will not be held responsible if you receive harassing phone calls, emails, insults and/or threats from other members or outsiders. If you wish to be completely safe, we advise that you do not post your personal contact data in your profile. Please remember that Single2.com is a very open environment and anyone can view our members' profiles; even those who are not members of Single2.com. Although if you have no other means of communication other than a mailing address or a telephone number of a friend/neighbour and if you feel safe posting your telephone number, email address etc. in public, then as long as you agree with everything what is said in this Agreement, you may do whatever you please with your own data and your own safety. Single2.com cannot and does not confirm that each Member or user is who he or she claims to be. Therefore, please be careful in dealing with other Members or users of our website. Single2.com and its owners will not be held responsible for any actions of its members and does not guarantee you safety on or off the road.
Helpful Hints for Safe Online Hitch-hiking & Offline Riding
Here are some hints on how to make your riding experience a smooth, safe and pleasant one:
- You're in control of your life and you can remain anonymous until you are ready to go on a live ride.
- Advantage of online communication is in that that you can get to know each other before you meet and go for a ride. And if it sounds to good to be true - it probably is.
- When you decide to go on a ride - tell a friend, parent or a relative where you are going. Makes sense to bring a friend with you.
- Never include your personal contact information in your profile, especially your telephone numbers, your home address or your last name unless you're really a brave person and wish to be contacted by other means than email. Please note that you can post your full name, address, telephone, fax and other personal contact data in your profile that is visible to the public on the internet and we expect that you will use a common sense when deciding whether to post your personal contact information in your public profile or not.
- Sign up for an email account that you will use solely for your online dating experiences and don't necessarily put your real name in it's name field when signing up for it.
- Use a common sense and ask many questions. Make sure you feel comfortable with that person online before going on a ride in their car or giving a ride to them.
- Look for odd behavior or inconsistencies.
- Stop communicating with anyone who pressurizes you to disclose your personal information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it. That is, if you did not provide it already in your Single2.com profile.
- Report to us any suspicious activity and weird experiences (if you wish to do so).
- Trust your instincts and use your own best judgment. There's always a certain degree of risk involved in any kind of communication, be it online or offline. Talking about risks. If you are a female, avoid getting into a car of a man whom you just met unless you really trust your judgment and instinct. This may apply to males as well.
Good Luck in Your Hunt for a Ride or a Ride-Pal! If you've gone through a wonderful romantic and unusual travel experience, - please don't hesitate to share it with us. We will publish selected stories on our website.